Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why it's too many chocolate chip cookies, plus lots of garlic today

            Some people live to eat. Others eat to live. I am of the former category, especially during pregnancy and wintertime.  Yes even when I am not pregnant, my snowy thoughts are often on food. Chocolate, bread, pasta, sushi, chicken dumplings, you name it. Oh yes and pair it with a nice glass of wine.
         Okay come pregnancy, come more thoughts of food, minus the wine. Or maybe it's more thoughts of food, because there can not be the wine. All I know is that I am lucky there is not an indent on my pregnant self for reaching into the cookie bowl, one hundred too many times.
       For fear of bodily injury and further incident, I switched to making a pasta dish with lots of garlic.In fact, I probably would have used more if there had been more.Thank God there was enough romano cheese to stop with the pasta and garlic, and not go back to chocolate chip cookies. If there had been any left....
           

1 comment:

  1. Check this out: I got an eggplant and halved it the long way, forked it, slicked olive oil over it, added diced garlic and then ginger, and baked. (Then I wanted more flavor and blopped some ginger terriyaki chinese-sauce-in-a-packet over top of it as a glaze, which was kind of like cheating, I felt.) Turned out very good! Soon B 7 I shall attempt tempura vegetables, I think. Winter food cravings....

    ReplyDelete