Friday, January 7, 2011

Today's burning question or otherwise known as entry one

Okay, so I am going to try the blogging thing again. I have returned to that itch, scratch, urge to write. It's amazing what getting over initial nausea in early pregnancy can do. I seemed to have returned more to my prepregnant self, bent on creating something bigger and beyond myself in words. Okay, my girls, the wildflowers are certainly that, as is my marriage, but you know that self that asserts itself and sometimes gets in your way. It's been elbowing me like mad lately, and saying,"What with you right now, Nicole?"

So enters the burning question. What is enough? When are you completely fulfilled, Nicole? The sage within the self that elbows me and then checks me like a hockey player says, " Feed your soul! It's okay to sometimes want more." The self that has a broken nose and other broken parts says. "You expect too much. You want too much. It's all right before you."   But then that self starts squinting and looking for remnants of me, before kids, who was a wildflower just like my girls.

So I invite you to comment about this post; follow my blog; and get philosophical, silly, and a little smart ass with me from time to time.

Not starving herself of this glorious sunshine and don't you either,

Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment