Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A minivan, middle age, and a full fledged mama

              I am an official mini van owner. Does that make me an official middle aged adult? Is youth officially over when::
             1)  After a Pearl Jam song, my husband and I start to reminisce about the college days and our van is passed by a hot little car.
             2) I start calling cars hot little cars.
             3) When going from my G6 to Dodge Grand Caravan, my first sensation is that of driving a fleet van.
             4) When going from my other car to the G6, I felt younger and hipper.
             5) When clubbing it now means joining the minivan club.
             6) I am not an anomaly when dropping off my daughter at school.
             7) When pictures of owning a car again run alongside pictures of my retirement years.
             8) When a recent article about a resurgence in minivans in The New York Times makes me feel slightly edgy.              
             9) When my youngest starts sentences with, "When I am a mama and have a minivan..."
            10) I have given such thought to a vehicle's image and could write about it.










1 comment: