Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am at that Weird Point of Pregnancy

               I have officially crossed that threshold.I am starting to believe in an alien abduction of my body, as that belly button could not possibly be mine.My old clothes don't want to fit right, but some maternity clothes look like I am playing dress up in Bobo the Clown's closet. People don't know whether to congratulate me or give me a brochure for weight watchers, as either I am pregnant or forcing myself into clothes too small for me.
              I have officially crossed that threshold. I can have entire hours dominated by thoughts of chicken finger subs or scrambled eggs doused with the perfect amount of salt. Separate stops are made for tacos or make that burritos with extra refried beans.
             I have officially crossed that threshold. Babies I know and don't know seem to sense I will soon be lactating and turn around and smile at me.
             I have officially crossed that threshold. My bladder can fill up more quickly with water than my old farm house basement during a down pour.
             I have officially crossed that threshold. In spite of all these things, my belly is fully of flutters, that will soon be kicks. I am nearing 20 weeks and I can hardly wait!!!





2 comments:

  1. Enjoy EVERY minute of it, Nicole!!

    hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have officially crossed that threshold. Babies I know and don't know seem to sense I will soon be lactating and turn around and smile at me."

    Love that line!!! Hey Nicole...I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete