Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Elaine on Seinfeld, Rhythm, and Motherhood

              I thought I would wait to pen this until after my post Halloween sugar high. But here I am, alone for a few minutes on a Monday morning. The little goblins are still asleep. Insert wicked witchy laugh here.
            I have been thinking a lot about rhythm, routine, and being a mother. Some of the blogs I follow are written by mamas who subscribe to a more Waldorf type of education style. Within this tradition, there is a lot of emphasis on having a natural rhythm in your household and routine. Well, I am working on it folks. I have to say that this one area that has never been easy for me, For I have rhythm, both dance and otherwise, like Elaine on "Seinfeld" did.. I feel like I am constantly on the end of pushing myself to the outer limits, like some whacked out space creature. For me, it seems it's always what else can I squeeze into the day, the hour. etc.. etc. At times  it leaves me feeling high and dry, Other times the more I do, th better I feel. Ugh!  With a newborn in the house, this same old feeling has come back doubly or triply hard. I need some medium ground, but can't seem to see it in the moment. Any tips on natural rhythm that work for you?   I will take dance tips too. 



1 comment:

  1. dude. i wish i knew.
    (the dancing thing, and life)

    also? word verification is phontag.
    it's funny.

    ReplyDelete