Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nearly three months later, do I spot normalcy on the horizon?

               Of course those who know me will laugh like I do when I say normalcy. You're talking to the woman who owned a fish purse in high school and would do a lot for another one.  While I do not claim to have it down pat, at this gentle moment, in this late hour or early hour of the new day, I will say things continue to feel a little more normal each week. The cricket and the wildflowers and I do our thing. Now we will add school to the mix and see what type of potpourri our lives look like.
        Speaking of school, mercy I don't want to see summer end. The summer of 2011 will forever be noted by the sounds of a baby, the blur of July, the whiz of two beautiful little girls growing up before me and off on their bikes and their fairy wings to swim, play, and make adventures up.I am having a really hard time letting go of this at the moment. The summer already has the feel of  a worn,yellowed photograph that is so known and looked at because of how much it changed our lives and because of the transition point  I know it will mark in the years to come. My baby girls start preschool and second grade today.  The sweet babe now coos and smiles, though just born what seems like minutes ago. As I go off to bed I gratefully ponder these changes and marvel at our lives. I am blessed...




2 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful! And now here the moment is, for anyone to read and re-grasp at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Mama! You are truly blessed! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete