Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal

Hope springs eternal in the human breast: Man never is, but always To be Blest.  Alexander Pope
 
 
             This is just one of those days to feel very sanguine. The sun is brilliant. The mood is right. Or perhaps all the Valentine's Day candy is still coursing through my blood. 
              No, I am  feeling enormously grateful and blessed. I know Valentine's Day everyday with my loving guy and my loving, lovely little girls. We have the normal ups and downs, but I know steadfast love. The flutter of hope springing eternal kicks in my belly, filling me with expectation and wonder.
            I am feeling energized. I had to go on a college campus for an article I am writing. For me, there is nothing more full of hope than the dreams of youth and seeing young people work towards their dream, believing without doubt that anything is possible. The group of international students I met today was nothing short of awe inspiring, so far away from home, pursuing their education and goals.
           I am feeling proud. Our oldest has become a reader. As she talks about our becoming an artist and an author, an then maybe still a horse trainer, she is growing up before our eyes.
            I am feeling joy. As I watch our oldest and our youngest in her full princess regalia  and wide eye innocence tonight, I am reminded of what a gift our children are.
           I think this is just my way of saying thank you right now.



 



              

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment